The 2023 Presidents meeting was called to order by President Lester Ivy, Opening prayer was offered by Scott Central president Terry Lofton. Welcome given by President Lester Ivy, roll call was completed by Senior Vice-Commissioner Johnny Dear and there were found to be 60% of current presidents in attendance, a quorum for business.
We had three teams that came into the league last year and completed their year of probation,
President Lester Ivy reminded everyone that the eligible weight limit increase voted in at last year’s meeting goes into effect this season, so the Peewee eligible weight is now 130#.
Last year’s season results were read by President Lester Ivy.
A call was issued for any more old business, there being none,
New Business was initiated.
MISSISSIPPI YOUTH FOOTBALL HAS BEEN BUILT OVER THE PAST 49 YEARS WITH THE CONCEPT OF TEAM WORK; WE STEADFASTLY BELIEVE THAT TOGETHER WE ARE BETTER ABLE TO PROVIDE OUR INDIVIDUAL COMMUNITIES WITH YOUTH PROGRAMS THAT ARE SECOND TO NONE.
OUR VALUES ARE:
1. INTEGRITY, HONESTY, FAIRNESS AND RESPECT.
2. OUR DESIRE IS THAT SAFETY ISOF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE.
3. LEAGUE DEVELOPMENT, OUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON OUR ABILITY TO MAKE OUR INDIVIDUAL LEAGUES SUCCESSFUL; OUR ASSOCIATION WILL BE PROACTIVE AND EASY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. WE WILL OFFER EXPERT KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS TO BENEFIT OUR LEAGUES, PLAYERS AND OUR COMMUNITIES, AND WE WILL DELIVERON OUR PROMISES BY WORKING TOGETHER.
4. LEAGUE ENGAGEMENT, WE WILL FOSTER A CULTURE THAT PROMOTES EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE, TEAMWORK, INCLUSION, LEADERSHIP, SPORTSMANSHIP AND GROWTH.
5. INNOVATION, WE WILL ALWAYS SEEK A BETTER WAY, WE WILL ENCOURAGE CHANGE AND SEEK THE OPPORTUNITY IT BRINGS.
OUR VISION AND OUR GOAL WILL ALWAYS BE “A BETTER, SAFER, MORE ENJOYABLE WAY TO PROVIDE OUR YOUTH AND OUR COMMUNITIES WITH THE HIGHEST CALIBER YOUTH ASSOCIATION POSSIBLE AND TO ALWAYS BE WORKING TO IMPROVE, IN EVERY AREA, EVERY YEAR.”